Sell Your Home
BE BUYER READY
Meanwhile, below are some quick tips to help you start. Follow these general tips and your home will look better than the competition. Remember, staged homes sell faster and for more money!
STAGING THE INSIDE OF YOUR HOME
- Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house. Keep decorative objects on the furniture restricted to groups of one, three, or five items. In general, a sparsely decorated home helps the buyer mentally
- Rearrange or remove some of the furniture in your home, if necessary. Many times homeowners have too much furniture in a room. When it comes to selling your home, thin out overcrowded rooms to make the rooms appear larger.
- Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops. If it hasn’t been used for three months… put it away! Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, magnets, pictures, etc.
- In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from the countertops, tub, shower stall, and commode top. Keep only the most necessary cosmetics, brushes, perfumes, etc., in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels in one or two colors only.
- Take down, reduce, or rearrange pictures and objects on walls. Patch and paint all walls, if necessary.
- Review the house interior, room by room.
- Paint any room needing paint.
- Clean carpet and draperies that need it.
- Clean windows.
- If you need room to store extra possessions, use the garage or rent a storage unit.
- Leave one or two lights on during the day (your agent will show you which ones). During showings, turn on ALL lights and lamps.
- Play light music every day in the house, for all showings.
PREPARING THE EXTERIOR
- Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc., to the garage or, if applicable, take them to the dump.
- Check gutters and roof for dry rot and moss. Make sure they are swept and cleaned.
- Look at all plants. Plants are like children…they grow so fast. Prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows: “You can’t sell a house if you can’t see it!”
- Remove any dead plants, weed all planting areas, and put down fresh mulching material.
- Keep your lawn freshly cut, edged, and fertilized during the growing season.
- Clear patios or decks of all small items, such as planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys, etc.
- Check the condition of the paint on your home, especially the trim and the front door.
- Remember that you only get one chance to make a good first impression; “curb appeal” is very important.
DON’T DO IT ALONE
Why Use a REALTOR®? Why use The Move In Group with Keller Williams Realty
Statistics show that selling your home with a professional will give you a higher profit—more than enough to cover the commission as well as put money in your pocket. As of July 2015, NAR statistics taken from all data across the US show that the average FSBO sale price was $46,000 lower than the average sale price of a home represented by a REALTOR®.
Another statistic worth noting is that 88% of buyers purchased their homes using REALTORS®—that leaves only 12% of buyers shopping on their own. If you’re still on the fence about just how advantageous a REALTOR® can be, consider the following top three benefits of having an experienced real estate professional by your side during this crucial process:
Three Reasons to Use a REALTOR®?
1. REALTORS® have valuable connections you can take advantage of.
Real estate dealings are legal transactions where in-depth knowledge of the industry and the prevailing market increases your chances of reaching the broadest range of buyers you desire. A trusted REALTOR® can bring effective marketing strategies to the table and tap into an invaluable network of REALTOR® connections to successfully conclude a sale.
A REALTOR’s knowledge and experience are invaluable, and make short work of what could be a drawn-out, confusing process you might not have the expertise and time—or the inclination—for.
2. REALTORS® have strong negotiation skills.
REALTORS® have honed their negotiating skills to a fine point and know how to tip the odds in your favor. Opting to sell on your own may leave you holding the bag on hidden costs or unaware of breaks or advantages you could have used to get the best results out of the transaction. Worse, you may end up with a sour deal you’ll come to regret sooner rather than later.
They work to negotiate deals all the time and are objective.
You do not want to open yourself up to legal action and REALTORS® are trained to make sure the contracts are in compliance. Their experience with the closing process will help the sale close efficiently.
3. REALTORS® know how to make your property stand out.
Florida and particularly the Tampa Bay Area is a very desirable location for numerous reasons, we at The Move In Group with Keller Williams Realty are REALTORS® that know how to make your home stand out, will price it correctly, and market it with the very best cutting edge strategies. Only a first-rate, highly knowledgeable REALTOR® can help you sell your home faster and for the best price possible.
The Move In Group with Keller Williams Realty delivers stellar service and outstanding results. Contact a team member today to discuss your home selling needs.
Equal Housing Opportunity
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law